September 19, 2008
I gots my hair done.
I’ve been sim hopping like crazy lately (lol, always) and have found some delightful places. Most are fashion related, some are so good you and I both will delight in their existence. Even perhaps, if they do not bring us new shoes.
I adore walking through and discovering new shops in the many amazing Japanese sims out there. I consistently run into more cute and creative stuff, on top of even more cute and gorgeous things. Is it something in the water?
I remember a while back, seeing this cool, writhing monster plant at Vooner and I adored it. The more you clicked the larger and more ferocious it grew. Click click click…curiously, I didn’t explore who the creator was but I ran smack dab into it today. You can get your own monster plant from MEPHISTO @ (145, 55, 22). Along with that they have some pretty cool gadgets and novelties worth checking out. (Plus a good load of freebies.) A few of my favorite: portable particle locker room for changing, when underground just won’t cut it (say, in a multi-level building); dissolving slide show (someday I will have my own boutique and when that happens I’m gluing one to my shop’s wall); monster flower congratulatory bouquet (when roses don’t say quiet enough); and the cockroach bazooka (an easy way to tell an ex to go back to hell). Some pretty cool avatars are here too.
A favorite sim of mine is TriColore @ (227, 41, 38), maker’s of my two photo studios and loads of cute shoes and hair. If you’re looking to explore fashion photography in SL or just like to take snappy pics to send your lover, this is the place to buy your studio. I dare you to find a better one for me. If you do, I’ll cook you dinner and scrub your floor, naked.
Along with TriColore’s own shop, there are a few nice clothing and skin shops in this sim as well as the neighboring one, Tequila. I bought the sexy ‘Twice’ top in gold from BoA Creations @ (33, 162, 33), I assume they call it the twice top because men will look you over only to whip their head’s round again for a second look. It’s hot. I will be wearing it to my new favorite club, Club Vanqul @ (133, 126, 128). My girls and I love to get out of the house and shake it and believe me when I say this club is sexy. If you like the 5th Element or any other classier modern dance clubs out there, you’ll have to check this one out. The owner and head DJ manjivanqul Roff designed the entire inside to be sleek, sexy and fun. As you make your way through the entrance, passing the swank lounge, you descend enough stairs to make you feel you’re going some place special. And it’s true. I love the little, funny touches manjivanqul put throughout the club. While you’re there, slip away to the bathroom with your special one for a little private time. Just don’t open door #2, I warned you.
The last place I wanted to tell you about in the TriColore sim is ReL Design @ (185, 27, 34). I just bought a gorgeous skybox from them even though: a) I already have a great one and b) I’ll have to seriously shift some sims to fit it at my home. I couldn’t resist though, it’s the perfect small size, with warm wood textures and a clean design. Perfect for my photo studio or, if you’re so inclined, a sexy and private getaway in the sky. No nosey neighbors to bother you at 600m high! Mile high club, anyone?
I wanted to take a little time to give a shout out to the girls at Free*Style. I am a complete devotee. I love their blog and they do an amazing job! If any of you girls are reading this- love ya! Keep it up, I’m eating up every word. ;))
Halloween can mean dressing up in general, not just costumes, although it’s fun.
The first of many Halloween links, I came across a cool, small and well done avatar shop through the aforementioned MEPHISTO. The store is called furumachi @ (95, 29, 22) and they have some really well done lions, feral creatures and (FREE) halloween decorations. Honestly, I love dressing up but for Goodness’ sake people- in SL and RL- ditch the cheesy, badly done costumes. If being a dirty pirate or a sexy nurse is your fantasy role this Halloween, by all means, right on. All I ask is you do it all out. You will feel more fulfilled and have a better time if you look smashing. And you’re less likely to tuck that costume away forever…or the photos that come along with dressing up.
You have it, flaunt it this Halloween. A friendly message brought to you by your neighbor, Abra Exonar.
Outfit links especially for my girl Espresso Eismann, who requested them. <3 ya. Go visit her Flickr photos, you will like them.
Photo #1: (Mostly) All items are from the amazing, amazing shop, Paper Couture, Tableau location @ (59, 66, 28): Spring ’08 Light Skin; Rosette Gown; Tight Shoes in black; Birds & Wildflowers Powdered Wig; French White-Pink nails from Love Magic @ (128, 128, 500)
Photo #2: ‘Silk Gypsy’ gown @ Paper Couture, Tableau location @ (59, 66, 28); ‘Una’ hair in black from Bewitched @ (128, 151, 27)
September 13, 2008
I love a little contrast in my outfits. Whether that means sharp hair with a feminine dress.
Or a cutesy pie look stained in blood.
I like a little danger in my clothes. A comfy cardigan is a great wardrobe staple. If you throw in some tomboy shorts and spiked boots, maybe a little blood, suddenly your basic cardigan feels a bit exciting!
A little sex, a little sweetness. Contrast gives things a good balance.
Contrast can make a person see things in a whole different light. Take this dress for example. It’s perfectly wonderful in a goth sort of way, but look here, it can be worn very sweetly with a tan and pigtails.
Maybe you’re a bored with your outfits. Same old, same old you feel. We’ve all been there! Sometimes all it takes is a ‘trigger piece’ to make your wardrobe new again. Maybe that means a new skin or a new hair, maybe shoes. Sometimes all it means is playing with your clothes and pairing unlikely pieces together. A lacy gown with a leather bomber jacket and boots, perhaps? Or jeans with your sexiest, most feminine corset? Yes and yes.
Playing with style is so fun, and contrast makes it all the more interesting!
1) ”Allure’ dress in Nude from Mimikri hot couture @ (189, 204, 22); Okappa’ hair from BP @ (204, 88, 25); Viniani heels in black from Armidi Gisaci @ (137, 127, 25)
2) “Velvet Onepiece’ (blood version), ‘injury’ arm bandage & ‘Damage’ socks from Kurotsubaki at S.I.C49 @ (16, 161, 28); ‘Cross’ heels from Little Heaven @ (140, 154, 23); ‘micky dango’ hair from BP @ (204, 88, 25); ‘Rosary’ in black from Basilica Cardinale Cathedral @ (110, 125, 582); ‘Holy Book’ from Primitive Design @ (213, 129, 24)
3) ‘Knit Cardigan’ in grey from BP @ (204, 88, 25), ‘Damage’ half pants from Kurotsubaki at S.I.C49 @ (16, 161, 28); ‘Ragamuffin’ spiked boots from Polish Up! @ (94, 100, 21); blood from Little Heaven @ (140, 154, 23); ‘Egoist’ hair in blue ash from Modern 69 @ (49, 183, 511)
4) ‘Dot’ dress in black from Little Heaven @ (140, 154, 23), shoes come as part of the deal
5) ‘Ghostfire’ dress in blue by Katat0nik @ (115, 113, 23) available from free*style @ (226, 159, 22) ; ‘lulu’ black heels from Shiny Things @ (164, 177, 37)
September 13, 2008
“Good things come in 3’s, yes?” Well it started off as three and quickly branched out from there…
Like many good girls, Alice in Wonderland has been a favorite inspiration of mine throughout the years. Many things come and go, but the enchantment of Wonderland stays.
So what better to have in my collection, but multiple Alice dresses? From me to you, my personal opinion of the matter is that a girl can never have too many dresses, hairdos or shoes. But that is just between you and me. =(^_^)=
There is even one that all the gothic girls will love. How cute is this?!?
If we’re talking Alice, who could leave out the tea? And with tea will always come the Mad Hatter.
My favorite part of the tea party in Disney’s Alice in Wonderland is the little mouse, who gets worked up over cats and needs jam rubbed on his little nose to calm him down. He is adorable.
Last but certainly not least, I absolutely had to throw together a Cheshire Cat look for this roundup. How could I not? I absolutely adore him! I’m especially happy with how this turned out, since it’s a no rhyme or reason mash-up of some of my favorite things.
Keep your dreams alive everyone! Dreams are the sunshine that lights the world and makes things grow! =(^_^)=
from top to bottom:
1. ‘Alice’ dress by Katat0nik @ (115, 113, 23)
2. ‘Alice’ dress by Edelweiss @ (220, 70, 29)
3. ‘Alice’ dress by Rabbit*Kiss @ (23, 182, 26)
4. ‘Crown Alice’ set from Feather @ (69, 213, 22)
5. ‘Mad Hatter’ dress & beaded mules from Nonko @ (109, 114, 26)
6. Cheshire Cat is a mash-up of: the ‘Borders’ jacket, pink ‘Neko’ ears & black ‘Neko’ paws from Little Heaven @ (140, 154, 23); Schadenfreude’s striped pants and socks @ (39, 50, 24); Nonko’s ‘fruit mules’ @ (109, 114, 26); Paper Couture’s ‘ Desire’ sunglasses *tinted yellow* @ (59, 66, 28); Atomic Kitty’s dark pink ‘catnip mouse’ and black kitty tail @ (107, 93, 35); BP’s ‘tripl ice dango’ hair *a favorite of mine* @ (204, 88, 25); and a shirt that I cannot locate right now! (Will post when I do.)
* ‘Cindy’ pigtails in ash from Little Heaven @ (115, 68, 22)
* ‘Una’ up-do in blond from Bewitched @ (128, 151, 27)
* ‘lulu’ black heels from Shiny Things @ (164, 177, 37) [in photos #1 & #2]
* ‘White Rabbit’ from HPMD @ (178, 160, 25)
September 13, 2008
Hi gems, you are the sparkle of my eye!
First off, some lovely items especially for all those new avatars out there. In the basement of the très chic Alta Moda (98, 48, 23) main store is a free shop dedicated to all our newcomers. For both men and women, there are skins, hair, clothing, all for the incredibly affordable price of L$0. If LL’s default clothing and skins have got you down, head on over for a makeover!
For all of us out there willing to flash some cash, Alta Moda also offers some gorgeous apparel. I am dreaming of wearing the super-sexy cleavage bearing ‘Delinquent Celebrity‘ (L$150) in black, with my Damselfly Ania hair in Brown Caramel Blend, and some thigh-high black leather boots. Rawr.
Owner Kristen Pick has plans for an Alta Moda men’s line. Right now, the ‘Meanyhead’ shirts (L$100) are available and I think they’re sexy. A t-shirt with a layered black shirt built in, it saves you a layer so you can pile on more. I like the smoking gun design. The headphones are cool as well.
* Outfit Pictured above: White Neko Avatar from Curious Kitties (200, 214, 21); Black Neko ears and White Long Hair Neko tail from Atomic Kitty @ (107, 93, 35); ‘Black Cat’ dress from Draconic Kiss @ (210, 121, 25); Viniani heels in black from Armidi Gisaci @ (137, 127, 25)
* Damselfly Ania hair can be found @ 143, 232, 28